||Offering a one-stop guide to recognition and therapeutic decision making, Diagnosis and Treatment of Rare
Gynecologic Cancers fills a gap in the medical literature on uncommon ovarian, uterine, cervical, and
vulvovaginal cancers and trophoblastic diseases. This authoritative text, edited by Drs. Michael Frumovitz,
Mario Leitao, and Preetha Ramalingam, has been authored by internationally recognized experts from top
institutions such as MD Anderson Cancer Center and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Each chapter
covers different cancer subtypes and has been reviewed by an oncologist and a pathologist.
Provides up-to-date clinical guidance on assessment and therapeutic options for patients with rare
Presents information in a templated, easy-to-read format. Each chapter includes an introductory
clinical case followed by epidemiology of disease, pathologic assessment, basic
science/molecular/translational research, work-up of newly diagnosed disease, staging, treatment of newly
diagnosed disease, treatment of recurrent disease, potential therapeutic targets, and a case resolution.
Includes diagnostic and treatment algorithms for each form of cancer.
Contains numerous anatomical figures, radiographs, photographs, and tables for quick visual reference.
Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the
text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1. Malignant ovarian germ cell tumors
2. Sex cord stromal tumors of the ovary
3. Ovarian carcinosarcoma
4. Ovarian clear cell carcinoma
5. Mucinous ovarian carcinomas
6. Low-grade serous ovarian cancer
7. Small cell carcinoma of the ovary, hypercalcemic type
8. Other rare ovarian cancers: Transitional cell carcinoma, malignant Brenner tumor, endometrioid
carcinoma, mesothelioma, squamous cell carcinoma, sarcoma
9. Uterine leiomyosarcoma
10. Other rare uterine sarcomas:Adenosarcoma, endometrial stromal sarcoma, STUMP
11. Uterine carcinosarcoma
12. Uterine serous carcinoma
13. Other rare uterine cancers: neuroendocrine tumors, yolk sac tumors, choriocarcinoma
14. High grade neuroendocrine carcinoma of the cervix
15. Other rare cervical cancers: cervical rhabdomyosarcoma, adenoid cystic carcinoma, verrucous carcinoma
16. Clear cell carcinoma of the vagina and cervix
17. Vulvovaginal melanoma
18. Bartholin gland carcinomas
19. Vulvar extramammary Paget disease
20. Other rare vulvovaginal cancers: Verrucous carcinoma, aggressive angiomyxoma, vulvar yolk sac tumor
Gestational trophoblastic disease
21. Gestational trophoblastic disease