||Long established as the preeminent source in its field, the eagerly anticipated fifth edition of Dr Stahl's essential
textbook of psychopharmacology is here! With its use of icons and figures that form Dr Stahl`s unique 'visual language', the
book is the single most readable source of information on disease and drug mechanisms for all students and mental health
professionals seeking to understand and utilize current therapeutics, and to anticipate the future for novel medications.
Every aspect of the book has been updated, with the clarity of explanation that only Dr Stahl can bring. The new edition
includes over 500 new or refreshed figures, an intuitive color scheme, fourteen new uses for older drugs and eighteen brand
new drugs, coverage of Parkinson's Disease Psychosis, behavioural symptoms of dementia, and mixed features in major
depressive episodes, and expanded information on the medical uses of cannabis and hallucinogen assisted psychotherapy.
1. Chemical Neurotransmission
2. Transporters, Receptors and Enzymes as Targets of Psychopharmacological Drug Action
3. Ion Channels as Targets of Psychopharmacological Drug Action
4. Psychosis, Schizophrenia and the Neurotransmitter Networks Dopamine, Serotonin and Glutamate
5. Targeting Dopamine and Serotonin Receptors for Psychosis, Mood and Beyond: So-Called 'Antipsychotics'
6. Mood Disorders and the Neurotransmitter Networks Norepinephrine and Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (Gaba)
7. Treatments for Mood Disorders: So-Called 'Antidepressants' and 'Mood Stabilizers'
8. Anxiety, Trauma and Treatment
9. Chronic Pain and its Treatment
10. Disorders of Sleep and Wakefulness and their Treatment: Neurotransmitter Networks for Histamine and
11. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and its Treatment
12. Dementia: Causes, Symptomatic Treatments and the Neurotransmitter Network Acetylcholine
13. Impulsivity, Compulsivity and Addiction
Suggested Reading and Selected References