For more than 45 years, Muscle Biopsy: A Practical Approach has offered, comprehensive, clinically-focused coverage
of the acquisition, interpretation, and assessment of muscle biopsies – an area often only lightly covered in pathology
Taking an integrated approach that includes clinical, genetic, biochemical, and pathological features, the 5th Edition
covers the full range of muscle disease in both adults and children.
This highly illustrated, easy-to-use volume helps you navigate this challenging area, bridging the gap between clinical
syndromes/disorders and their underlying pathologies.
Fully updated 5th edition of this internationally acclaimed classic in muscle pathology.
Written by internationally recognized world leaders in the field of muscle pathology.
Comprehensive coverage of histology, histochemistry, immunocytochemistry and electron microscopy in parallel with
clinical and genetic advances.
Lavishly illustrated with over 600 full colour images.
Fully updated literature review.
Comprehensive update on the rapidly expanding field of neuromuscular disorders.
4th edition Highly Commended in Pathology category of the prestigious 2014 BMA Medical Book Awards.
Section A. The Biopsy: Normal and Diseased Muscle
1. The Procedure of Muscle Biopsy
2. Histological and Histochemical Stains and Reactions
3. Normal Muscle
4. Histological and Histochemical Changes
5. Ultrastructural Changes
6. Immunohistochemistry and Immunoblotting
7. How to Read a Biopsy
Section B. Pathological Muscle: Individual Diseases
8. Classification of Neuromuscular Disorders
9. Neurogenic Disorders
10. Muscular Dystrophies and Allied Disorders I: Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy
11. Muscular Dystrophies and Allied Disorders II: Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophies
12. Muscular Dystrophies and Allied Disorders III: Congenital Muscular Dystrophies and Associated Di
13. Muscular Dystrophies and Allied Disorders IV: Emery–Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy and Simil
14. Muscular Dystrophies and Allied Disorders V: Facioscapulohumeral, Myotonic and Oculopharynge
15. Congenital Myopathies and Related Disorders
16. Myofibrillar Myopathies and Other Myopathies with Rimmed Vacuoles
17. Metabolic Myopathies I: Glycogenoses
18. Metabolic Myopathies II: Lipid-Related Disorders and Mitochondrial Myopathies
19. Myopathies Associated with Systemic Disorders and Ageing
20. Ion Channel Disorders
21. Myasthenic Syndromes
22. Inflammatory Myopathies
23. Toxic and Drug-Induced Myopathies