Recent scientific advances have revolutionized cancer research and practice, creating a body of molecular biology
information that is important to research scientists and clinical oncologists alike. Cancer: Principles and Practice
of Oncology: Primer of the Molecular Biology of Cancer, 3rd Edition, keeps you up to date with all that’s new in
this rapidly changing field. Derived from DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg’s Cancer: Principles and Practice of
Oncology – widely regarded as the definitive clinical reference in oncology – the third edition of this popular
Primer provides a single-volume, highly focused reference on every important frontier in the molecular biology of
Compiles the knowledge and experience of leading scientists and clinicians in the field.
Provides separate chapters on each of the 18 most common cancer types, with state-of-the-art information on how
molecular biology advances are impacting clinical practice.
Includes a thorough chapter on genetic counseling and genetic testing to help you navigate the challenges and
ethical dilemmas of cancer genetics.
Covers key topics such as Hallmarks of Cancer, Precision Medicine in Oncology, Cancer Immunotherapy,
Pharmacogenomics, and many more.
Enrich Your Ebook Reading Experience
Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
PART I: Principles of Molecular Oncology
1. The Cancer Genome
2. Molecular Methods in Cancer
3. Hallmarks of Cancer: An Organizing Principle for Cancer Medicine
4. Oncogenic Viruses
5. DNA Repair in Normal and Cancer Cells
6. Microbiome and Cancer
7. Precision Medicine in Oncology
8. Cancer Immunotherapy
9. Immunotherapy Agents
10. Monoclonal Antibodies
11. Cancer Susceptibility Syndromes
13. Genetic Counseling
PART II: Molecular Biology of Individual Cancers
14. The Molecular Biology of Head and Neck Cancers
15. The Molecular Biology of Lung Cancer
16. Molecular Biology of the Esophagus and Stomach
17. The Molecular Biology of Pancreas Cancer
18. Molecular Biology of Liver Cancer
19. Molecular Biology of Colorectal Cancer
20. Molecular Biology of Kidney Cancer
21. Molecular Biology of Bladder Cancer
22. The Molecular Biology of Prostate Cancer
23. Molecular Biology of Gynecologic Cancers
24. Molecular Biology of Breast Cancer
25. Molecular Biology of Endocrine Tumors
26. Molecular Biology of Sarcomas
27. Molecular Biology of Cutaneous Melanoma
28. Molecular Biology of Central Nervous System Tumors
29. Molecular Biology of Lymphoma
30. Molecular Biology of Acute Leukemias
31. Molecular Biology of Chronic Leukemias