Snell’s Clinical Neuroanatomy , Eighth Edition, equips medical and health professions students with a complete,
clinically oriented understanding of neuroanatomy. Organized classically by system, this revised edition reflects the
latest clinical approaches to neuroanatomy structures and reinforces concepts with enhanced, illustrations,
diagnostic images, and surface anatomy photographs.
Each chapter begins with clear objectives and a clinical case for a practical introduction to key concepts. Throughout
the text, Clinical Notes highlight important clinical considerations.Chapters end with bulleted key concepts, along with
clinical problem solving cases and review questions that test students’ comprehension and ensure preparation for
• Enhanced color illustrations, diagrams, and photographs enrich understanding of complex concepts and
• New bulleted key concepts in each chapter ensure a focused, clinically relevant understanding of
• Chapter objectives and clinical cases emphasize the practical applications of chapter content.
• Clinical Notes highlight important clinical considerations for quick reference and review.
• Clinical Problem Solving and Chapter Review Questions equip students for the clinical challenges they’ll
encounter in practice.
CHAPTER 1 Introduction and Organization of the Nervous System
CHAPTER 2 Neurons and Neuroglia
CHAPTER 3 Nerve Fibers and Peripheral Innervation
CHAPTER 4 Spinal Cord and Ascending, Descending, and Intersegmental Tracts
CHAPTER 5 Brainstem
CHAPTER 6 Cerebellum and Its Connections
CHAPTER 7 Cerebrum
CHAPTER 8 The Structure and Functional Localization of the Cerebral Cortex
CHAPTER 9 Reticular Formation and Limbic System
CHAPTER 10 Basal Nuclei (Basal Ganglia)
CHAPTER 11 Cranial Nerve Nuclei
CHAPTER 12 Thalamus
CHAPTER 13 Hypothalamus
CHAPTER 14 Autonomic Nervous System
CHAPTER 15 Meninges
CHAPTER 16 Ventricular System and Cerebrospinal Fluid
CHAPTER 17 Blood Supply of the Brain and Spinal Cord
CHAPTER 18 Nervous System Development