This newest addition of the comprehensive Pediatric Neuroimaging combines thousands of images with detailed textual
descriptions to help you diagnose a wide range of brain, spinal, and head and neck disorders in the pediatric patient.
The authors have chosen a clear, concise writing style that encourages you to grasp information quickly. By dealing
with a broad range of disorders, from everyday problems to less common ones, and explaining how to recognize and
differentiate them, this book offers you the opportunity to provide a concise differential diagnosis on most patients
you are likely to encounter in your practice.
* Packed with more than 2,500 high-quality illustrations, drawings, photographs, and figures.
* Emphasizes CT and MRI imagery--widely regarded as the optimal modalities for assessing and diagnosing children.
* Most chapters organized by disease group, and describe the pathologic bases of each disorder to illustrate important
* Broadly discusses common imaging techniques in children, as well as images of normal childhood development in the
brain, skull, and spine.
* Prominently displayed lists of disorders help quickly identify a disorder within the text.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
* Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
* Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
* Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or
literacy challenges, and more
Preface to the First Edition
List of Disorders
1 Techniques for Pediatric Neuroimaging
2 Normal Development of the Fetal, Neonatal, and Infant Brain, Skull, and Spine
3 Metabolic, Toxic, and Autoimmune/Inflammatory Brain Disorders
4 Brain and Spine Injuries in Infancy and Childhood
5 Congenital Malformations of the Brain and Skull
6 Neurocutaneous Disorders
7 Intracranial, Orbital, and Neck Masses
9 Congenital Anomalies of the Spine
10 Neoplasms of the Spine
11 Infections of the Developing and Mature Nervous System
12 Anomalies of the Cerebral Vasculature: Diagnostic and Endovascular Considerations